Thursday, June 16, 2011

To the DIVINE PRISONER



http://www.catholictradition.org/Christ/divine-prisoner.htm
[For a Visit to the Holy Eucharist]
                O JESUS, DIVINE PRISONER present always in the Tabernacle as a ransom for my sins, look on me a prisoner, too, bound by my own guilt. O, relieve me from the shackles of my sins that I may give myself to the service of Thy Love.Deliver me from the shackles of my pride, sweet Jesus, from my vanity, sloth and anger, melt the stiffness of my will, break the tyranny of my passions, open wide the door of my dungeoned soul and dispel the darkness of my sins and ignorance.
Have pity, O Divine Prisoner! Have pity on this poor prisoner. Help me to escape from sin so that I may always be with Thee ... forever Thy prisoner! My mind chained by Thy Truth! My will chained by Thy Law! My heart chained by Thy Love! Chain me to Thee, living and dying. And may I die, dear Jesus, a prisoner in Thy Sacred Heart. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment